Residential Tuition outside of term time can provide essential preparation for exams or for entry to UK schools. Tutors can stay with or near families. They typically deliver up to five hours of teaching per day, which can be mixed in with sports, creative activities, and supervision. We also provide full-time residential tutors for families who are home-schooling their children.
Widely viewed as an acceptable form of education in the United States, homeschooling is recognised by Bonas MacFarlane as a suitable option under the right circumstances. Children who are preparing for a different education system may well need a bespoke curriculum provided at home or in another private location to ensure a smooth transition. Some families may be waiting for an offer of a school place - it is vital during this time that children maintain their academic interests and progress. Some children may be struggling with mainstream education for any number of reasons. We have specialised for a long time in implementing bespoke homeschooling programmes that combine classroom based subjects and challenging extra-curricular activities.
• Tutors stay with or near families during school holidays or in term-time
• Tutors typically deliver up to five hours of teaching per day, which can be mixed in with sports, creative activities, and supervision
• Tutors may work with any number of siblings
• Our tutors provide a clear structure complete with attainment targets
• Our head office keeps in close contact with families to check that the tutor placement is working in terms of a personality fit and the right specification
• Bonas MacFarlane provides residential tutors for top international families
• Our residential projects are highly desirable and attract the highest calibre tutors.
• Students and tutors are both supported by an experienced team in London with extensive personal experience of residential tutoring.
To maximise the benefits of tuition, we can conduct Bonas Macfarlane assessments of students that allow us to define exactly what type of educational provision is required. These include complete psychological, psychometric, cognitive, behavioural, academic- specific, and skills-based assessments.
For new clients, we have a one-off registration fee of £192 incl. VAT which is payable once per family. The registration fee is not levied until tuition has begun successfully. The hourly rate for tuition starts at £70 incl. VAT, depending on the level of tuition required. We bill on the first of every month and full payment instructions are provided at the time.