13+ is the age at which most boys and many girls move to independent senior schools. The top London schools are some of the most competitive in the world, requiring excellent results on entrance exams and outstanding performance for scholarships.
As with our 11+ plus services, our school placement consultants maintain a regular dialogue with the leading schools and have the latest information about testing and interview procedure at hand to pass on to parents.
Bonas MacFarlane is able to provide experienced pre-test and 13+ tutors who have direct insight and experience into the demands of the assessment process. On a yearly basis, Bonas MacFarlane tutors help pupils gain places at all the top schools including Eton, Harrow, Westminster, St Paul's, Winchester, Highgate, UCS, City of London and Wellington. We are particularly proud of the number of our tutees who win top scholarships and bursaries to many of these schools.
- Building a relationship between the tutor and tutee is fundamental to the success of tuition.
- Through our rigorous selection process, we ensure that our tutors have strong communication skills and in depth knowledge of the syllabus requirements
- When placing a tutor, we ensure that an initial assessment is undertaken to assess the tutee’s academic ability. Based on the results, a tuition program is developed around the pupil’s strengths and weaknesses
- On top of preparing planned tutorials, tutors focus on exam technique and instill a confidence in preparation for the interview.
- Through our consulting expertise, our team speak to the leading independent schools on a weekly basis, allowing us to share up-to the minute knowledge about individual schools processes and scholarship requirements with our parents
- Our aim is to match tutors who have first hand tuition experience of the specific schools for which you are aiming and/or provide tutors who attended the school themselves